Saturday 1 December 2012

Christmas candle madness

'Tis the season to be jolly, and to get lots done. I am on a hectic schedule at the moment, besides my day job and looking after my family I need to start my Christmas preparations and I need to make a lot of candle presents. I had this wonderful idea of making Christmas candles for hampers our local church is giving away this year. Perhaps I should have considered the sheer volume of candles I was going to need to make and made some simple pillars or containers. Unfortunately, I decided to make stars and I only have one mold which makes 6 candles at a time. I am two pours in and still have 8 sets to go!

Make Candles at Home
The candles look absolutely amazing though and the house is filled with the festive scents of cinnamon and cranberries. I made these candles using silicone bake ware, yes the ones you would use to make cupcakes or muffins. If you have never used re purposed kitchen items in your candle making then you really are missing out on some great candle making experiences. Some of these cupcake molds have interesting detail and also excellent shape designs. I have flowers, hearts, stars, presents and bugs in my collection. The best thing about using these molds is:

  1. You often have them on hand already at the back of one of your kitchen cupboards
  2. You can often pick them up cheaply at a discount store, dollar store, yard sale or Goodwill
  3. They are much cheaper than candle molds
  4. Usually there are 6 molds meaning you can make candles much quicker that if you are reliant on a single pillar mold.
If you are wanting to make some Christmas candles and aren't sure where to start, or need some inspiration drop on over to Candle making skills for some great ideas.


No comments:

Post a Comment